I started by painting the pot all white, you can leave it this way or add other designs.
Then I pained the bottom of each one a different color. I made a mouth out of a piece of paper and traced it on the pot.
Next I used paint to fill it in. After that I dipped the pencil eraser in the black paint to make the eyes.
We let everything dry and then dressed them up with a little bit of hair. The kids loved this part!
How fun is this! Enjoy!
Material I used for this project:
- A plant (Home Depot)
- Terra cotta pot (Home Depot)
- Paint (I used acrylic paint) (Michaels)
- Paint brushes (Home Depot)
- Stencil for the mouth (or freehand) (DIY)
- Pencil eraser for the eyes (Wal Mart)
- Extra top soil (Home Depot)