- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose or wheat flour (I used all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 15 drops of green food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Lightly grease and flour a 8" round cake pan.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in 2-2 1/2 cups of buttermilk and finally, the food coloring.
4. Flour your hands and the kneading surface and lightly knead the dough for a couple of minutes.
5. Form the dough into the cake pan and cut a cross on top with a knife. Make sure to cut the cross all the way through to the bottom of the pan, not just on the surface of the dough.
6. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 400 degrees for an additional 30-35 minutes
Material I used for this project:
- Ingredients (Grocery)